What a day!

Well I haven't hustled for more recording money since this morning. Its been quite an information day regarding this pandemic and now with school being closed for the next two weeks I need to figure out my own family plan. I am fully self employed and if I don't work I don't make money. No vacation or sick days so I can NOT afford to even miss one day between now and the end of the month because I am the only source of income for me and my kids. 

How does that relate to my project? For those of you who are interested..here are some things I want to share this with you. 

As far as my project is concerned because this is the end of the fiscal year for MNB ... I need to pay for the recording/musicians/mastering before March 31st in order to be eligible to have 50% of up to $4800 matched ($2400) by the Province of New Brunswick's Music Industry Development Grant (through Music NB) that I received (I have 75% of that and receive the other 25% once the project is completed). Otherwise I hand back the $1800 and really don't want to have to do that! It would seriously delay this new record. 

Still with me? Ok so right now I'm at 87.9% of a $2400 fan funding goal from 69 incredible supporters. (God you are amazing humans!!) That means that just from those contributions alone I have $2110 towards this project and if that is all I can use then my grant matches it so the total becomes $4220 just from those two sources to pay my musicians, recording time and mastering. Of course I will be investing my own money into this too. There are many other expenses that go along with a release strategy so my plan was to crowd source the recording/mastering expenses. Things like manufacturing, digital release, album artwork, photos, press release, shipping, some travel all are additional expenses not covered for his particular grant. I'll be applying for more funding though other programs and funding bodies too but that is never a guarantee that you are awarded. I've been successful with a few grants over the past few years and feel great about that but its not something we can count on ever. You just have to put in the work and the faith that it will work out. 

The point is I understand that we are in a very stressful time and my heart breaks for so many people who are affected by this. For all of us as the human race facing such uncertainty all we can do is trust our leaders, try to stay safe by following trusted sources of information, don't panic and this will all be over sooner if we all take the necessary precautions to keep each other out of harms way. 

So for me...even if I don't make another cent from this crowdfunding I'm going to take what I have and make the best record that I can with some of my talented friends. I appreciate every single one of you and look forward to making music for my friends, fans and family to enjoy and use as another stepping stone to build on my music career to take it the next level to the best of my ability. I have a strong mentorship backing though my professional development networks, many supporters who believe in what I do and I'm going to keep pursuing my passion and sharing my knowledge though music with the world so I can help others get though tough times like I had to do. This whole past few weeks since launching have filled my heart to have the privilege to see who has my back. Thank you all for the shares, likes, comments and financial contributions. 

This project is going to happen. If I need to make some cuts then we will work that out. I'm meeting with John on Sunday and will have a better idea of anything we might need to do to put it all together the best we can. 

I'll keep sharing the campaign for the next 12 days because every little bit helps but I know that its going to be a tough few weeks for everyone. If you can help its amazing and appreciated but I just want the people I care about to be safe and healthy. 

I love you. 

<3 Jaclyn

Leave a comment